Queen Rania National Entrepreneurship Competition (QRNEC)
The Queen Rania National Entrepreneurship Competition (QRNEC) provides a platform to increase the interest of Jordanian entrepreneurs, innovators and national institutions in designing a path to achieve a well-developed entrepreneurial eco-system in Jordan. The program strives to advocate entrepreneurial skills as university students and mature entrepreneurs merge their knowledge with their resources along with their competitive drive to create a business plan that is both practical and innovative. This year will focus on an open approach in which the submitted business plans should target challenges in the Jordanian society and provide a technology solutions for those problems. In 2019 we will focus on the ideas of the university students and prestartups.
The Queen Rania National Entrepreneurship Competition (QRNEC) provides a platform to increase the interest of Jordanian entrepreneurs and innovators in designing a path to achieve their dreams. The competition strives to advocate entrepreneurial skills as students and mature entrepreneurs coalesce their knowledge with their resources along with their competitive drive to create a business plan that is both practical and innovative.
The competition is designed to
- Create more awareness on potential opportunities in technology startups and recognize innovative and outstanding technology business ideas, plans and startups.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills for the competition participants and help them in developing their business plans.
- Foster the entrepreneurial spirit in university technical and business students and graduates, and encourage them to take their projects from the concept level to the implementation level.
QRNEC in Figures
- +$20M worth of valuation for the supported companies.
- +$2M annual incomes for the supported companies.
- +1000 participants in the training courses.
- +5000 participant in the public seminars.
- +300 Job was created.
- +35 newly established startups.
- +10 new registered patent.
1. First place from pre-startup category will be awarded JD 10,000, second place from each categories will be awarded JD 7,000 while third place from each category will be awarded JD 5000.
2. Each award have to be spent on a company that executes the winning business according to what is mentioned in the business plan and under the supervision of QRCE.
3. All winning teams from the three challenges will be invited to join QRCE’s innovation lab (pre-incubator) in order to further grow their businesses and become the future success stories of Jordan.
4. QRCE has the right to cancel any of the awards if the winning teams don’t show interest in starting the business and executing the business plan.
5. QRCE has the right to withhold the award if none of the applicants were up to the award level (criteria).
6. The delivery method of the awards will be based on QRCE criteria which will be informed to the finalists to ensure maximum commitment.