AngelHack Amman 2016
By joining an AngelHack hackathon, you are becoming part of a global, connected community of coders, innovators, and changemakers. Beyond that, an AngelHack hackathon offers the following: Games and activities to keep you PUMPED! (Nerf war anyone?) The opportunity to work with other like-minded individuals Awesome food, and LOTS of it. A hackathon is nothing without tons of food. The opportunity to learn some new skill sets Swag on swag on swag!
Let’s face it, prizes just make hackathons more fun. That’s why each year, we team up with our sponsors to bring you an awesome set of prizes. Drumroll please:
Grand Prize: An exclusive invite to our HACKcelerator
- A 12-week Curriculum to turn your hackathon idea into a startup reality
- A diverse network of both local and global mentors
- Weekly guest speakers
- A chance to fly to Silicon Valley for our Annual Global Demo Day and participate in a week of extensive pitch training!
Amazon Web Services
Prize: $100 in AWS Credits per person through AWS Activate and
- AWS Free Usage Tier
- 1 month AWS Support at Business level
- AWS Technical Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- AWS Business Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- 80 credits for Self-paced labs Training ($80 value)
- 1:1 Office Hours with AWS Solutions Architects
- Access to the Startup Blog and Startup Forum
- Special "Self-starter" Third-Party offers
- The Challenge is Simple. AngelHack’s nonprofit arm, Code For A Cause, is challenging superhero coders to build a technology that will have a positive impact on the world, people, or environment.
- The Prize is Awesome. At the end of the 9th Global Series, the top three Code4Impact Award Winners will be invited to the AngelHack HACKcelerator Program. One of these three lucky teams will be flown out to San Francisco, for our 5th Annual Global Demo Day and will pitch to some of the largest Accelerators and Investors in the world, while meeting with leading social entrepreneurs.
By joining an AngelHack hackathon, you are becoming part of a global, connected community of coders, innovators, and changemakers.
Beyond that, an AngelHack hackathon offers the following:
- Games and activities to keep you PUMPED! (Nerf war anyone?)
- The opportunity to work with other like-minded individuals
- Awesome food, and LOTS of it. A hackathon is nothing without tons of food.
- The opportunity to learn some new skill sets
- Swag on swag on swag!
09:00 AM : Doors Open to Attendees / Breakfast of Champions
10:30 AM : Opening Ceremony and Sponsor Talks
12:00 PM : Coding Begins
01:00 PM : Lunch
07:00 PM : Dinner
08:00 AM : Breakfast
12:00 PM : Lunch
01:00 PM : Hackathon Ends / Submissions due on hackathon.io.
02:00 PM : Demos Begin / Demos only / No Slide Decks
(If your demo doesn’t work, take us through the code of
what you did and where you got stuck. It’s about showing what you’ve learned and not about pitching an idea)
04:00PM: Winners are Announced / Prizathon!
Schedule subject to awesome changes. Stay Tuned!
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably stick by these:
1. Fresh Code
We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair. No one is allowed to come in and build on top of previous projects. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review
Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP
Teams have full ownership of everything they build at our events and are free to do with it as they wish.
4. Team Size
Teams of up to 5 humans are allowed. You can also add 1 cyborg, Furby, drone, or Sphero.
Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page, which projects should be submitted on. Submissions take place after 24 hours of pure hacking.
6. DEMO your Hack
You must demo your hack in order to present. No slide-decks or Powerpoint will be allowed. Two minute presentation and one minute Q&A from Judges.
7. Have a damn good time!