The Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship (QRCE) is a Non-Profit organization established in 2004 to help develop Technology Entrepreneurship in Jordan. The Center is part of El Hassan Science City, and plays the role of a national Center of Excellence for Entrepreneurship. With the expansion of the role of the center and the development in the strategic plan for El-Hassan Science City, QRCE became part of El-Hassan Business Park to complete an ecosystem for entrepreneurship development and support in the country starting with the business plan competition involving universities, entrepreneurs and professionals from different sectors, and ending with the incubation phase in the iPark which is the other supporting part for entrepreneurs in the Business Park. Working closely with local and international organizations; QRCE focuses on areas such as: Networking, Recognition & Awareness, Capacity Building & Support, and Funding.
Over the last 7 years, the center has organized many activities that benefited thousands of entrepreneurs, professionals & students in Jordan:
- +25,000 People participated in general & special Networking activities
- +3,500 People participated in Bootcamps, Training Workshops & Mentoring programs
- +300 Jobs created
- +100 Startups & Projects supported & recognized
- +25 High Growth Technology Startups founded
- +10 National conferences and competitions organized
With the expansion of the center activities, and the development of the strategic plan for El-Hassan Science City, QRCE became an integral component in El-Hassan Business Park, helping to develop a local entrepreneurship ecosystem in the country, which starts with R&D and National Business Plan Competitions involving students and professionals from various sectors, and ending with the incubation phase in iPark, the leading national technology incubator, part of the Business Park.
QRCE Technology Entrepreneurship Initiative
As part of QRCE strategic plan, QRCE is implementing a comprehensive initiative focusing on four key areas:
- Networking Track: To help Jordanian Entrepreneurs to network and exchange experience and knowledge.
- Recognition & Awareness Track: To create more awareness on potential opportunities in technology startups and recognize innovative and outstanding technology business ideas and startups.
- Capacity building & Support Track: To provide Jordanian Entrepreneurs with specialized training, mentoring & support services developed to help them establish, fund, manage and expand their technology companies.
- Funding Track: To help Jordanian Entrepreneurs seeking funding for their startups at the seed and early growth stages.
The Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship’s mission is to support economic growth by providing an array of services in entrepreneurship development and technology commercialization.
An economic engine by which Jordan’s intellectual wealth can be uplifted to unprecedented levels and a regional cornerstone for technology commercialization and entrepreneurship development.
The Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship team includes talented individuals with very good experience in knowledge-based entrepreneurship and technology commercialization.
The team consists of the following members: